Sunday, May 10, 2009

And the Adventure Begins!

Hello World!

I've decided since I am going abroad and have lots of people I want to see pictures and recipes and fun things and such that I would just post them on my blog.

I am so excited that I am able to have this great opportunity to study in Europe and really get to travel for the first time, even though I will be going my myself. I've found a moderate priced place to stay with and Italian student and an Argentinian professional.

I'm really excited that it is within walking distance of my school.I will be staying in Florence near the Duomo and will probably spend most of my time there.

I will be traveling to Erfurt, Germany to stay with my dad's cousin Barb, she's a teacher at a university and I get to sit in on the classes, FUN!!!!! I hope to spend some time in Greece and at the very least, visit Volterra (all Twilight fans may now use this moment to be jealous) and Pompeii. My friend Katie says I have to make it to Naples and the Isle of Capri or she will fly back from Argentina to kick my rear.

I'm really excited to be learning a language where it is spoken. I've learned Spanish from a classroom and feel like I am unable to speak at a level I should be after this many years. Hopefully my Spanish-Italian-English speaking roommate can help me with both. Although the Italian professor at my school says I will have to work to catch up since my classes in Florence will focus on conversation and the ones at TSU focus on reading & Writing. I'm considering getting a Master's in International Business now, but I have no idea how I will actually use it when I focus on Italy, which during my latest project for my Int. Business class stated that Italy is 93% owned by families within Italy and that it may get kicked out of the European Union because its national deficit is reaching the 3% ceiling instated by the Stability and Growth pact they signed. As you can tell, I've done a lot of research and CANNOT wait to go. Less than 2 weeks!

My main focus will be on intensive language study but I hope to study Italian art and architecture too! I will be taking Renaissance Art when I get back next semester and it would be exciting to have already seen a lot of it.

2 comments:

  1. I miss you roomie! The apartment is large and lonely... lots of booz tho, leftover from my old apt. It is a mess right now. I am still trying to find a place for everything. Worked lunch at the Nickel today and about to go to JCP at 4.... oh life. btw, your e-comm book is 2008 and i have to buy the 2009 version :( sad day. but do you have the lab book, 2003?? i couldn't find it in your room!

    Hugs and Kisses (What would you do if i kissed you...) questionable. hehe

    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's what would happen if we kissed? Gosh get it right! I miss you too

    ReplyDelete